Friday, July 20, 2007

seems a little strange . . . .

So today I'll flicking through all the emails that I've recieved. A large majority of them are just spam, wonderful wonderful spam. I got a little bit excited though when I saw one email though. It was from second life and someone was asking me to be apart of their group. I felt a little rush and opened my email to see what group I had just been asked to join. Then my little heart sunk. The email contained . . . . .


Almirante Noel has invited you to join a group in Second Life.

Almirante Noel has invited you to join a group.
There is no cost to join this group.
Group:
PORTUGAL ONLINE: BEM-VINDO AO TEU GRUPO
PORTUGAL ONLINE
Este Grupo serve para promover Portugal

Promover e divulgar empresas
Marcar encontros para eventos reais em Portugal
Intercambio com todas as Faculdades

Visita a Sede do Grupo PORTUGAL ONLINE e levanta a tua prenda gratuita

Vai em breve comecar cursos (com creditos L$) na sala do Grupo (Podes
reservar por periodos de 1 hora)

Inscreve-te no workshop com sorteios em directo e patrocionios de empresas
(RL)

I don't remember speaking Portugese on second life. Hell I don't even remember learning Portugese!! I do definately remember clicking on the little thingy at the start saying "I speak English" though. So does that mean that people can just randomly pick people out of the blue and add them to groups? Am I now going to become a victim of this? Getting ridiculous invitations to groups that serve no purpose to me? I will not be a happy chappie if this continues. I get enough spam as it is.

End rant.

No comments: